- A meaningless set of dribble to fake out the reader
- A set of words that have no tie to the candidate’s wants, needs or desires for their future.
- A creation of disconnected terms and ideas that have no business being put together without internal assessment
Companies need to fill positions within their organization with the best qualified individual(s). Hiring managers will review hundreds of resumes with the first 30 seconds being crucial to getting to the second stage. The face to face interview.
What would the be the best career objective for your resume?
Your career objective is a one sentence character representation of who you are and sets the stage for the message you want to deliver. – “This is who I am, who I want to be and how I will make your company successful”
Let’s look at a sample job description for a Quality Executive:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Requirements for support specialist include:
Direct support services:
* Plan, create, and coordinate internal and external audits.
* Responsible for testing, quality assurance, configuration, installation, implementation, maintenance of all related support services.
*Identify, support, mentor continual Improvement.
Technical assistance services on the standard office applications
* Support the management with data on KPIs and Metrics
* Provide assistance to personnel in preparation of meeting presentations.
* Train the operations team on Quality activities.
These sample career objectives may come from a prospective candidates that may apply:
Analytic (1) – To get a position within an organization that will allow me to use my analytic skills, experience and willingness to help others.
Auditor (2) – To acquire a position that affords me the opportunity to bring my auditing expertise, problem solving skills and willingness to learn to make an organization successful.
Career objectives are the fundamental principles the candidate brings to the table. It enables them to promote their ideals, skills and abilities that an organization can use for the sole purpose of growing the company. The better a candidate can articulate the message the better the chances they will be invited to interview.
since these objectives are like a style statement on what you are, and what you want to be. It is one place holder in which you are telling the prospective employer on what you are now, what you want to be, and how the organization can derive benefit from what you want to be.